Creating this unique wall decor project could not be more easy or fun, using the new Brenda Walton Ballroom Slipper Bigz L die! This wonderful die is available from Scrap-a-Doodles and you can view and purchase it from our online store – SKU 658346.
What you will need to complete this project:
Sizzix – Brenda Walton – Bigz L Die – Ballroom Slipper (SKU: 658346)
Die Cutting Machine – Cuttlebug (200293), Big Shot (655268), eBosser (EB-WHT-WE2)
Silhouette Cameo (SILHOUETTE CAMEO) and Silhouette Cameo Cutting File
Paper of your choice
Metal and material flowers
* Using your die cutting machine and the Brenda Walton Die, cut 2 pairs of of shoes with the die. To ensure that the shoe is sturdy, I would recommend cutting it from cardstock and patterned paper. Then proceed to score and fold all the necessary lines, before you glue the patterned paper onto the cardstock pieces!
* Proceed to assembly the shoe.
* Once you have completed your shoe, you can use various items to embellish it. For this design I chose coordinating metal flowers and tulle for embellishment. You can also use, sequins, feathers, ribbon, fabric or paper flowers to embellish with.
* Use your Silhouette and Silhouette Cutting File (11.3″ x 11.3″ square shadow box frame by Lori Whitlock) to cut and then assemble the file to create the shadow box for the display.
* Position the shoes in the shadow box and glue down using a quality glue – I used Tombow (SKU: 52190)
* Embellish your shadow box as desired and Viola! . . . Your project is ready to be hanged!
Here is one more project created with the Brenda Walton Ballroom Slipper Die, just to show how versatile this die really is!
For this design we used fabric flowers and sequins to create fun summer sandals!
Have fun playing with this die and projects – it is a great addition to every shoe-holics collection!
Project designed and created by Roulien Stahnke for Scrap-a-Doodles Irene
LAYOUT DESIGNED BY :Jeanine de Bruyn(teacher at Scrap-A-Doodles Secunda) and Ilze Malan
Tools used:What you will need:
4xprints from the graphic 45 French Country Collection Montage
1xprint from the graphic 45 French Country Collection A La Carte
1xCore’dinations-Tim Holtz-Kraft-Core-No 19 cardstock
1x Core’dinations-Tim Holtz-Spotted-Jillian Dot Collection-Parsley cardstock
1xCore’dinations-Tim Holtz-Spotted-Jillian Dot Collection-Roasted Pepper cardstock
1xWorldwin-Cutmates- Cream cardstock
1xBazzill Basics Dark Brown cardstock
Graphic 45 French Country Alphabet Stickers
Graphic 45 French Country cardstock Flowers
3D Foam squares
ColorBox fluid chalk-Chestnut Roan
Rubberstamp of your choice
Memento Ink Pad-Rich Cocoa
Ribbon and Hesian string of choice
Copper brads for centre of flowers
WeR Memory Keepers Sew Ribbon Scallop
Crafters Companion Ultimate Pro
Cricut Expression 2
Cricut Cartridge – Sentimentals
Sizzix Big Shot
Sizzix Die Bigz –Flower Layer with Heart Petals
1. Use the dark brown side of 2 of the prints (Montage) as the background pages.
2. Cut the mint cardstock in 90° angle 13×13 cm ,stamp it with rubberstamp and inkpad,chalk edges
and secure in the top left corner.
3. Cut the reverse side of 1 print(Montage), 22x27cm and tear the bottom edge.Chalk edges.Secure
to centre of page slightly overlapping the mint frame.
4. Use the Core’dinations Nr 19 cardstock and cut a piece measuring 24,5cmx24,5cm.
5. Use the Crafters Companion Pro to create an envelope sizing 7”x4”inch.
6. Tear the right edge of the envelope and chalk the edges.
7. Stamp the envelope with the rubberstamp and inkpad.
8. Cut the large rooster out from the A La Carte cardstock.
9. Secure onto the envelope.
10. Cut the Parsley cardstock 18cmx22cm.Chalk edges .
11. Use the sew ribbon scallop tool to punch the scallop pattern on the left side.
12. Put the ribbon through, and chalk the edges.
13. Use the cream cardstock and cut a 15,5 cm x 20cm piece .Chalk the edges.
14. Secure 1 of the portrait photo’s on the dark brown and /or roasted pepper cardstock and matt the
15. Secure the matted photo on the cream piece.
16. Secure onto parsley piece.
17. Secure the parsley piece slightly overlapping the left of the centre piece and overlapping the mint
frame and remember to first slide the envelope underneath the right edge of the parsley piece
slightly overlapping the right side of the centre piece .
18. Use the left over pieces of the core’dinations nr 19 to cut the matting of the title as describe next.
19. Use the Cricut Sentimentals cartridge to cut the postage stamp on the shadow feature(icon 27)
with the Cricut Expression 2. The size 3,5cm high and 2,5 cm wide.Blade setting on 6,speed 5 and
20. Secure the postage stamp alphabet stickers onto the matting.Chalk the edges and secure to the
bottom of the page with 3D Foam squares.
21. Use the graphic 45 French Country cardstock flowers , left over pieces as well as the roasted
pepper cardstock to create flower layers with the Sizzix Big Shot and the Bigz Die – Flower Layers
with Heart Petals.
22. Cut tags from the cream and mint cardstock using the Cricut Expression 2 and Cricut cartridge
Sentimentals. Use the tag feature and icon 43-size:8.5cm length x 6cm wide.
23. Finish the tag off with ribbon or hessian string.
1. Use the dark brown side of 2 of the prints as the background pages.
2. Cut another piece out of the mint cardstock in 90° angle 13×13 cm ,stamp it with rubberstamp
and inkpad,chalk edges and secure in the top left corner.
3. Cut the reverse side of the last print(Montage) 22x27cm and tear the bottom edge.Chalk
edges.Secure to centre of page slightly overlapping the mint frame.
4. Cut the left over piece from the Parsley cardstock 12,5 cm x 22cm.Chalk edges .
5. Use the sew ribbon scallop tool to punch the scallop pattern on the right side.
6. Put the ribbon through,and chalk the edges.
7. Use the cream cardstock and cut a 14cm x 20cm piece .Chalk the edges.
8. Remember not to secure the top and right margin of the cream piece immediately, to allow for
small tags to slide underneath.
9. Secure the parsley piece to the right on the centre piece and the cream piece next to it, so that
the left margin align with the left margin of the frame and is slightly lower than the parsley piece.
10. Use the back side of the piece from the A La Carte cardstock which the rooster was cut out from
and cut the Carte Postale piece out and use to slide in underneath the right corner of the cream
cardstock,and covering the inside corner of the mint frame.
11. Matt the last 2 photo’s on the dark brown/roasted pepper and or mint cardstock and secure on
the cream and parsley pieces.
12. Use the graphic 45 French Country cardstock flowers , left over pieces as well as the roasted
pepper cardstock to create flower layers with the Sizzix Big Shot and the Bigz Die – Flower Layers
with Heart Petals. Finish off with copper brads in the centre.
13. Cut smaller tags,( as explained in nr 22 for the left page) from the left over mint and dark brown cardstock.
Distress Paints are very fluid water-based acrylic paints for multiple surfaces. Tim and Ranger developed these special paints to be reactive with water just like Distress Inks and Distress Stains—perfect to accomplish a wide variety of artistic techniques. Distress Paints have a convenient dabber system for easy and mess-free application. Use with stamps, paper, wood, metal, glass, plastic and more for a timeless matte finish on craft projects.
- 27 colors that coordinate with the Distress palette
- Very fluid water-based, multi-surface acrylic paint
- Timeless matte finish paint in 1 oz. bottles
- Reactive with water like Distress Inks and Stains
- Convenient dabber system application
BRAVE CARD designed by Tim Holtz
1. Create a marbled metallic background by applying various colors of Distress Paint including one of the metallic colors to your Craft Sheet.
2. Mist the paints on the Craft Sheet with water using a Mister.
3. Swipe a #8 Manila Tag through the paints several times until surface is covered with color.
4. Mist again with water and dry tag completely with Heat Tool.
5. Stamp blueprint image on to background using Jet Black Archival Ink and let dry.
6. Cut off the top of the background tag and matte with black cardstock.
7. Stamp image twice on watercolor paper using Jet Black Archival Ink and let dry.
8. Color the butterfly image on one, and just the body on the other with Distress Markers. Blend colors using a Detailer Water Brush until desired look is achieved.
9. Dry watercolored images with Heat Tool.
10. Cut out butterfly image from one, and just the body from the other.
11. Ink the edges of cut pieces with Distress Ink using an Ink Blending Tool.
12. Adhere butterfly layers over stamped background using Glossy Accents.
13. Die cut Doily from Grungeboard, paint with Metallic Distress Paint and let dry.
14. Cut Shattered cardstock for the base card approximately 5 1/4” x 12” and fold in half at 6”.
15. Adhere Grungeboard Doily to card using Glossy Accents.
16. Adhere butterfly background over Doily using Glossy Accents.
17. Color a piece of Crinkle Ribbon using Distress Stain, mist with water to blend, crumple into a ball, and dry with Heat Tool.
18. Set a couple of eyelets through the front of the card and tie ribbon through.
19. Attach metal Foliage to card front using fasteners.
20. Adhere Alpha Parts to card and apply a layer of Glossy Accents over the top of each letter for an enameled effect and let dry
August 30, 2012
Dear Valued Customer,
It has come to our attention that a new product in the marketplace has alleged its compatibility with Sizzix machines.
The packaging of the Lifestyle Crafts™ Genius Ultimate Platform System shows images of the Sizzix® Big Shot™ and Vagabond™ machines for use with the platform system. Also, Lifestyle Crafts’ website shows these same images along with a statement of compatibility. Unfortunately, we cannot substantiate their claim, and Sizzix does not endorse the use of this product with its machines.
Sizzix rigorously tests each of its products for quality and compatibility with its machines. Based on these results, Sizzix recommends only authentic genuine Sizzix platforms and accessories to be used in the appropriate Sizzix machine. And while we DO test and advocate the use of many of our competitors’ dies in some of our machines, we DO NOT test their platforms and accessories with our machines. Use of a non-Sizzix platform or accessory in a Sizzix machine may lead to damage of that non-Sizzix accessory. Also, this type of misuse may cause damage to the Sizzix machine, which is not covered by the Sizzix product warranty. Therefore, we can never endorse such a statement of compatibility.
Please know that for over 35 years Sizzix and Ellison have made it our mission to design, engineer, test and manufacture the highest quality die-cutting and embossing products for use with all of your creative endeavors. We maintain our commitment to help you follow your artistic and inspired passion for generations to come.
Director of Marketing
Sizzix Texture Boutique Embossing Machine Bonus Kit w/20 FREE Adhesive Sheets
Need some quick instructions or helpful hints? Lost the printed instructions that came with your dies or equipment? For your convenience, we have added booklets and instruction sheets that can be downloaded with a quick click.
The provided downloads are in an Adobe Portable Document Format and require the free Adobe Reader® to view the PDF versions.
Sizzix Pop ‘n Cuts XL Die Set – Card, Horizontal A2 w/Circle Label, 3-D (Pop-Up)
Sizzix Pop ‘n Cuts Magnetic Insert Die – Frame, Square Ornate 3-D (Pop-Up)
Sizzix Pop ‘n Cuts Magnetic Insert Die – Flower, Poinsettia 3-D (Pop-Up)